The consolidated report on SESAR Joint Undertaking U-space research and innovation results is now online. The SESAR JU is today publishing a new report on the state-of-play of the technological capabilities and services required for making U-space a reality. The report consolidates the findings from 19 SESAR research and demonstrations projects, including an analysis of the coverage and level of maturity of each U-space service, and identifies areas requiring further research.
What’s in the publication?
- Key milestones and findings;
- A summary of future research and development needs;
- An overview of the recommendations for standardisation and regulation activities;
- A catalogue of U-space services, with a definition for each service, notable requirements and related project findings;
- A summary of the outcomes of each exploratory research and demonstration project.
Click here to know what’s in the publication and to download it. Or find out more about the report and its findings at the dedicated SESAR Digital Academy webinar.
SESAR Digital Academy Webinar: SESAR U-space consolidated research results
As the drone service market continues to grow and take shape in Europe, the pressure is on to make sure that these air vehicles are safely and securely integrated into the airspace. In 2017, the European Commission mandated the SESAR Joint Undertaking to coordinate all research and development activities related to U-space and drone integration.
This webinar will present a consolidated view of the results from the SESAR JU’s 19 exploratory research and large-scale demonstration projects that addressed all aspects of drone operations, as well as the services and technological capabilities. The webinar will present the report published by the SESAR JU and will also highlight future research requirements. In addition, it will provide the opportunity for participants to ask questions to the speakers.
Click here to register to the webinar, which will be held online on the 12th of November 2020, h10:30-12:00.
Below the agenda of the event.
- Welcome and introduction, Florian Guillermet (SESAR JU)
- Moderator scene setting, Robin Garrity (SESAR JU)
- Delivering U2 services Andrew Hately (EUROCONTROL)
- Towards U3 maturity, Giancarlo Ferrara (EUROCONTROL)
- Future work, Ludovic Legros (SESAR JU)
- Questions and wrap up, Moderated by Robin Garrity (SESAR JU)